- Hand forged In The USA, heavy duty
- Length with handle: 17”, Cutting edge: 12”, Blade width a little over 3/8″, Weight: 2.75 lb., may varry due being handle forged
- The handle is removable, making the Froe easy to transport.
- The Froe is used to split wood very finely, for example when making shingles for a roof. The wood to be split is placed under the edge. The user steadies the tool with one hand on the vertical handle and strikes the blade with a mallet using the other hand.
- The amount of skill, labor and time required for this craft is not easy but Ted Ferringer at Seven Pines Forge is committed to preserve the standard and quality of his trade.
Seven Pines Forge, owned by Ted Ferringer, is nestled in the foothills of the Allegheny Mountains in Pennsylvania. Each piece that is made reveals the subtle individuality of the craft, for those who appreciate the simplicity of Colonial design and the tradition of Early American wrought iron. The amount of skill, labor and time required for this craft is not easy but Ted Ferringer is committed to preserve the standard and quality of his trade