Made in Tyrol Austria
- 4″ blade width, head weight of 3.75 (1700g) and the handle is 27 inches overall and is made of Ash, all dimensions may very to due to being hand made
- This is a good medium sized splitting axe
- This is a nice unusual splitting axe made in Austria with German or eastern European design
- Forged from fine Austrian steel
- If your looking for a heavy splitting Maul than this one fills the need
The processing of iron has a long tradition in the Stubai Valley. The area iron mines were of such high quality that in the 14th century blacksmiths in Fulpmes were already producing hand tools. In 1897 engaged craftsmen formed a cooperative (marketed under the Stubai name) to manage the future for both production and sales. Today 26 member factories are processing several thousand tons of steel each year. The production program consists of a wide range of tools for professional users such as metal workers, woodworkers, woodcarvers, woodturners, forestry workers, auto mechanics, roofers, masons, tile setters, electricians and others. Our own forge manufactures products for our members and also semi-finished products for other industries in Austria and other European countries. Approximately half of the production is exported to more than 50 countries worldwide. The brand name “Stubai” stands for quality and workmanship. The Stubai Tool industry is the biggest hand tool manufacturer in Austria.