- 1.5 lb. Hookeroon head with 36″ curved hickory handle. Pick shape is designed to stick and pull boards and lumber in saw mills and woodworking applications.
- Forged tool steel head. Made in USA. Tapered pick end is hand sharpened by experienced hands.
- Heat treated working end produces fine grain structure and Rc 45-55 (Rockwell Hardness Values) for safety, edge holding and toughness.
- Body coated with red enamel to deter rust.
- 36″ American hickory handle. Eye section is dried to below 10% moisture content to minimize shrinkage and help prevent loosening.
- Axe head is hydraulically seated onto handle and secured with a serrated aluminum wedge. The serrated shape improves bite and the aluminum choice of material is strong, lightweight, and does not change size with moisture content.
- The interior detail of the eye is tapered and allows for a strong mechanical bond. Approximately 1/2″ of overall length of the handle is removed during assembly.
- The assembled tool is drilled and a steel bolt inserted to lock head, handle and wedge together.