- Hand forged in Austria for true quality and strength
- 13.75″ blade, 15.75″ Hickory handle and weighs 3.3 pounds (1500)
- Great for splitting shingles or any wood items with precision
- I love to use these for splitting bow staves and oxe bows
- Mueller has a very long and deserved reputation of being highly functional tools of uncompromising quality and workmanship
When you need to quickly split staves, cants, shingles, blocks, or quartered logs with more precision than a maul or splitting axe permit the Froe is the tool.
Mueller Axes, have been hand forged in Austria, dating all the way back to the 1600’s. Mueller has a very long and deserved reputation as being highly functional tools of uncompromising quality and workmanship. Highly skilled craftsmans combine modern-day techniques with artistry passed down from many generations of blacksmiths. You can trust the quality of Mueller’s tools because they think enough of them to put a life-time warranty on everyone. We know you will enjoy owning and using these beautiful axes for generations to come!